As the voice of landlords in Saskatchewan we deliver knowledge, promote best practices, and advocate for a healthy and resilient rental-housing industry. We are the leading community of industry professionals who are proud to provide safe, high quality rental-homes for the people of Saskatchewan.
Who We Are
By promoting innovative practices, advocating for equitable legislation, and supporting our members, we work to help sustain a rental-housing industry that serves the needs of renters, owners, and managers.
A Little Bit of Our History
- 1994: We were incorporated as the Saskatchewan Landlords Association (SKLA) to provide a voice for landlords and property managers on the issue of damage deposits.
- 1998: We changed our name to the Saskatchewan Rental Housing Industry Association to more accurately reflect our membership.
- 2015: The Board to go back to our original roots and are proud to be the SKLA (Saskatchewan Landlord Association).
- 2019: The Board hired its first full-time Executive Officer and moved the office to downtown Saskatoon.
- 2020: We successfully developed and launched our first strategic plan that will guide the Association until 2023.