- Posted by Member Services
- On April 1, 2022
- 0 Comments
The weather is finally beginning to turn! The winter season is in the rear-view mirror and soon the grass will be green, gardens will be growing, and the sun will be shining. Now is a great time for property managers to spring clean and prepare for the nicer weather.
- Have your HVAC inspected. Ensure that filters are replaced in your units heating system. If replacements or fixes are needed, now is the perfect time as the need for internal heat becomes less.
- Tend to the roof. In a previous blog post we discussed the dangers of falling ice and snow from a damaged roof. Now that the weather is starting to turn, inspecting and fixing roof damage is manageable.
- Clean the gutters. Along with fixing the roof, cleaning the gutters are also important. Winter and spring storms can bring in debris and potentially clog the drain spout.
- Address moisture buildup. Mold can lead to major renovation costs down the road if not addressed properly. Over the cold winter months, and the spring melt, moisture can build up on the property and there is potential for mold growth.
- Boost that curb appeal! Now is the perfect time to start thinking about lawn care, painting, windows, landscaping, fencing, and all things curb appeal! It is the perfect way to boost the value of an investment property and the morale of your tenants.
This April Fools Day don’t be fooled by the nice weather. Be ready for the summer months by being prepared in the spring.